IT Production Coordinator
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
The IT Infrastructure Coordinator is responsible for the operations of local datacenters, proximity computing platforms, end user devices, servers, and networks. Coordinates physical installation, maintenance, upgrades and continuously improves the Bank’s operating environment and ensures its reliability and performance. This includes monitoring the operating environments, responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. He is responsible for the overall IT End User Computing, Service Desk and local Datacenter operation as well contributes from technical perspective to deployment of initiatives related to local ADM solutions
The IT Infrastructure Coordinator deploys the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, ensure the IT Continuity, provide infrastructure solutions based on business needs and maintaining a secure systems environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a Project Manager for local initiatives related to infrastructure.
- Act as Service Delivery Manager for IT production services
- Lead the delivery of IT services supporting the IT strategy.
- Manage the local IT Production/Service Desk team.
- Create and monitor the evolution of the area’s budget.
- Manage IT vendor relationships and SLAs.
- Contribute to the IT continuity and BCM strategy.
- Contribute to keep a safe production environment
- Reporting and escalation to C Level and executive committee.
- Provide support to end users and local IT infrastructure.
- Accountable for the information provided to internal and external audits.
- Engineer in systems, networking or electronics.
- Knowledge/Experience in networking, datacenters, operating systems, workstation/server hardware and telephony.
- Knowledge/Experience in IT and/or Business Continuity
- Knowledge/Experience on Project Management
- Knowledge/Experience on Service/Infrastructure Delivery.
- Ability to Collaborate / Team Work, Creativity and Innovation, Problem Solving, Client Focus, and Critical thinking.
- High level of English, Portuguese knowledge is a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience as Lead Engineer, IT manager or similar roles.
IT Production Analysts
Colombia’s CIO, AMER CTO, Colombia’s CSO, AMER IT Production members, Global IT Production members, Colombia’s Users, AMERCIAS Operational Resiliency team (ICO/BCM). Colombia’s Management
Third party Vendors, Regulators, Market entities, other group entities.
The position makes decisions relevant to fulfill scope and/or provides information/data for decision-making on higher levels in case is required.
Mandatory trainings that position holder must attend during the first year in position, in order to be able to perform successfully the job; these include:
- Functional or specific job related training: Colombia’s IT Policies, General Service desk, GM Service desk and on the job training.
- Mandatory trainings (as indicated by compliance, Legal, Region and Group)
- Mandatory Corporate trainings in soft skills or BNPP competencies for all new hires: Time Management, Effective Writing, Effective Presentations